Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I used this product with an iMac computer. The preamp comes with a software disc for Mac, CD Spin Doctor, and a separate software disc for PC. It is fast and easy to convert vinyl tracks to digital. The tracks are exported to iTunes with one click, in to a playlist automatically created by the software. The playlist is called "CD Spin Doctor". This way all your converted tracks are collected in one spot and you don't have to search throughout the entire "Music" library to find them. From this playlist you can then drag the tracks to any other playlist of your choosing. VERY handy! They are of course in the Music library as well. You can also store the files anywhere else you like on your hard drive, not just iTunes. There are optional filters to reduce pops and clicks, and a few others as well, such as a treble enhancer and others I have not explored. The preamp has three selectable output levels to ensure the correct signal strength is being sent to the computer. It works perfect with a Shure M97 moving magnet cartridge on the "Min" output setting, I did not try a moving coil yet. That should work on the "Max" output setting. TerraTec does say moving coils are supported. There are several file types you may choose from, MP3, AAC and Apple Lossless. I could not export AAC to itunes so tried MP3 and that worked. Don't know about Apple Lossless. My preference at home is to listen to vinyl. Elsewhere when listening to digital music, I don't really care about the file type. I accept that my critical audiophile listening will be at home. This is very easy to use, dead simple, you can monitor what you are recording by listening on your computer speakers, or headphones on your computer. There is no headphone jack on the pre-amp itself. It is easy to separate and name the tracks. You do transfer music in real time from your turntable or other source so one hour of music takes one hour to convert. You can also convert from tape and other sources, not just a turntable, using the left and right RCA inputs. You can pause and resume recording as you select individual tracks from an LP with one click. There is also a bonus option in the software to record audio content from the internet, not using the pre-amp. This is for the Mac software, I don't believe the PC software is exactly the same. I find no fault with it and am 100% satisfied! Check the TerraTec website for more info, this is a great product.
Click Here to see more reviews about: TerraTec Phono PreAmp iVinyl - Audio input adapter - USB
Click here for more information about TerraTec Phono PreAmp iVinyl - Audio input adapter - USB
0 comments:
Post a Comment